YourJigsaw cares about and repects your privacy. We will be clear and transparent about the information we collect and what we do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- who we are and how to contact us
- what personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- where we obtain the data from;
- what we do with that data;
- how we store the data;
- who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- how we deal with your data protection rights;
- how we comply with the data protection rules.
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Who we are
YourJigsaw is the data controller for this website.
Office address: 8 Gratton Drive, Chillington, Kingsbridge, Devon TQ7 2LT
We will respond to all requests, enquiries or concerns as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our products, services and websites (collectively, our “Services”). Your personal data includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other data collected for the purpose of providing the service(s) you have ordered that could directly or indirectly identify you
Much of what you consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- purchase any of our Services (e.g.: billing information, including name, address, email address, telephone number);
- request assistance from us (e.g.: telephone number)
What we use your personal data for, why, and for how long
We strongly believe in both reducing the amount of data we collect and limiting the use and purpose of that data to only:
- Data for which we have been given permission
- Data necessary to deliver the Services and/or Products you purchase or interact with
- Data we might be required or permitted to keep for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
These uses include: delivering, improving, updating, and enhancing the Services and Products we provide to you. We collect information relating to your purchase, use, and/or interactions with our Services. We utilise this information to:
- improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- send you communications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of
- detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- customer services communications
- collect aggregate statistics about use of the services we provide
- understand and analyse how you use our services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons for which we have collected and need to use your personal data.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can enter into our contract to provide your requested services to you.
We do not supply services targeted at young people. Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the childrens’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract, or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending, or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
Security of your personal data
We follow generally accepted standards in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us via our website is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information so that it can be securely transferred over the Internet.
We do not store any credit/debit card details. Any payments made via this method are transacted with our payment provider PayPal. All payment details are transmitted over SSL and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
International data transfer
Sharing your personal data
- trusted service providers we use to run our business such as our hosting provider, domain name registry and cloud backup provider
- credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us and practise anti-fraud screening
- legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
Cookies and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computer.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it
- request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object in instances where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please email us via our Contact Us page or contact us by post at the address at the top of this page.
Please include your full name, email address and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. We will respond to any requests for access to personal information within 30 days.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly, or through a third-party service provider, regarding products you have purchased from us, such as is necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. You do not need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- text (SMS) messages
- telephone calls
If you make use of a service that allows you to import contacts (e.g. using email marketing services to send emails on your behalf), we will only use the contacts and any other personal information needed for the requested service. If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us via our Contact Us page.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site.
This document was last updated on 31st March 2023